OREGON; THE AMERICAN WHO THINKS IT'S BURGUNDY!
A chance to discover Oregon terroir with Burgundy flair! Come and taste our wines coming from the most Burgundian of all the US wine producing areas. A franco-american marriage made in heaven...
In 1988 the Drouhin family embarked on an adventure which was exciting, promising,innovative and slightly risky! .... buying land in Oregon and making Burgundy style wines. The area chosen; the Willamette Valley was an up and coming area for Pinot Noir, where only a few pioneer wine makers were already installed. 25 years down the line, the quality of the wines from Oregon leaves no doubt.
In 2013, the family decided to repeat the experience and purchased a further 60 hectares of land in Oregon; this time in the Eola-Amity hills. This new area has potential to produce wines which are as good as their Willamette counterparts. A new chapter has started...
-10.00 am Rendez-vous at the Oenothèque Joseph Drouhin for a Discovery of the ancient cellars (13th century) of the Maison Joseph Drouhin which cover more than 2 acres beneath the historical centre of Beaune.
- Following the visit you will taste 6 wines (3 whites and 3 reds) from our Domaine in Oregon, and to end one 'surprise' wine from Burgundy, just to remind you where it all began!
The wines are:
Domaine Roserock Chardonnay 2014
DDO Arthur Chardonnay 2013
DDO Arthur Chardonnay 2009
Domaine Roserock Pinot noir 2014
DDO Pinot Noir 2012
DDO Cuvée Laurene 2011
'Surprise' bottle from Burgundy
Useful Information :
- Upon appointment only
- Linited to a maximum of 18 people
- Please remember that on Saturday morning the centre of Beaune is closed to traffic and so extra time may be required to find parking space.
- Duration : Around 1 hour 30 minutes
- To book or for further information, click on the link below: