Aperitif tasting in the Clos des Mouches Vineyard.
This mysterious name is the patronym of a great wine, one of the most famous Premiers Crus of the Côte de Beaune. The Clos des Mouches acquired mythical status by the hazard of its birth, the good fortune of its existance and, above all, a delicacy of aromas and exceptional flavors, which are worthy of the fidelity of wine fans and collectors all over the world. For decades, the Maison Joseph Drouhin has dedicated its passion, devotion and know-how to ensure the sustainability of this wine, to ensure great moments of shared pleasure for generations of wine drinkers.
So meet us in the vineyard in Beaune, in our famous « Clos des
Mouches » parcel where we will pass a convivial moment together for a unique tasting of our Clos des Mouches in its red and white versions. Tasting both younger and older vintages.
The "Clos des Mouches" is not only a good wine in a glass. It's the result of the Pinot Noir or Chardonnay grape varieties, planted on a complex diversity of different soils; clay, limestone and marl, and growing under certain meteorologicl
conditions and benefitting from human know-how of 2000 years. . .
We will tell you the story of this great wine, you will have the chance to admire and understand the complexity of the soil by seeing the landscape, the degree of the slope and the exposure This will enable you to appreciate
why this wine enjoys such a high reputation.
A brochure tracing the life of the "Clos des Mouches" will be offered to you
for perusal once you have returned home.
The 7 wines to be tasted (3 whites &
4 reds) :
Beaune white 2015
cru « Clos des Mouches » white 2015
cru « Clos des Mouches » white 2010
Beaune red 2014
cru « Clos des Mouches » red 2015
cru « Clos des Mouches » red 2010
cru « Clos des Mouches » red 1988
These wines will be accompanied by some
"amuses-bouche" . . . Burgundy gougères (little cheese puffs) et jambon persillé de Bourgogne (cubes of ham cooked with parsely).
- Date : 11th August 2017 - 4 pm
- Upon appointment only (28
participants maximum); booking required by the 1st of August 2017
- Duration : From 4 pm until around 6.30 pm
- Language : French / English
- The « Clos des Mouches » vineyard is not very easy to find, so the rendez-vous point is set for 4 pm at the exit of Beaune, just before the village of Pommard. (A detailed map will be provided at booking.)
- The price is 80€ par person
- The price includes the 7 wines tasted and the amuses-bouche
(gougères and jambon persillé).
- Full payment must be made at the time of reservation.
- We cannot, alas, control the weather! In case of very inclement weather, we will conduct the tasting sheltered in our historical buildings in the centre of Beaune.
- Although we will not be walking much in the vineyards, please wear footwear adequate for stony ground.
- As we will be in an exposed area in the vineyards, think to bring where necessary warm clothes, raincoats, hat or cap, sunglasses and suncream according to the weather of the day...
- Please make your very best efforts to be on time to not upset the organisation of this event, for respect of your fellow participants, and most of all, to not miss out on any of the information and commentary that will be provided.
No responsibility will be accepted on the part of Maison Joseph Drouhin for any accident, breakage or incident which occurs with your own vehicule during this event.
- In the event that you may wish to follow this event; the following day, Saturday 12 of August, by a tour and tasting of 6 wines in our historical 13th century cellars in the centre of Beaune; you will be able to do this, by appointment and upon availability for a preferential rate of €19.00 per person rather than €38.00. The visit and tasting last around 1 to 1 and a half hours. Please let us know when booking if you wish to benefit from this special offer.
- To reserve, or for more ample information, please Raphael
FEBVRET by clicking here: